The Kimberley Institute Limited is based in Broome Western Australia and is a not-for-profit organisation limited by guarantee.
As an independent, social innovation establishment, The Kimberley Institute is contributing to the vision of building an inclusive regional society; and transforming the relationship between the people of the Kimberley and the Australian nation.
The Kimberley Institute’s commitment to building an inclusive Kimberley society is guided by the critical principles of:
- Mutual respect for the culture and ways of life of all people in the Kimberley.
- Recognition of the value, strength and effectiveness of community-generated solutions.
- Opportunities for economic and social participation by all people in the Kimberley.
- Kimberley people participating in policies and industry development proposals relevant to the region and to the immediate north.
- Accountability and transparency in governance and strategy.